Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and of all the holidays and food-centric traditions throughout the year, (We’re Italian. Everything revolves around food!), maybe the only food I look forward to more than Thanksgiving dinner is the Thanksgiving dinner leftovers! Thanksgiving is probably the only meal I ever prepare, thinking to myself, “make extra so there are plenty of leftovers!” The simple pleasure of turkey and mayo on good bread at around midnight after all the guests are gone, the hoopla is over, and most of the cleanup is done? There are few things that make me happier! While simply reheating things is delicious, elevating the leftovers to something completely different but just as tasty is one way to make sure nothing is wasted because someone is tired of eating the same thing. These 5 recipes will transform your Thanksgiving dinner leftovers into dishes your family will enjoy eating all week long!
Check out these five leftover recipes that you and your family will love this Holiday season:
- Leftover Phyllo Shells -- These are an elegant bite-sized serving of the iconic flavors of Thanksgiving with a Bellisari’s twist! These look so pretty and taste so good. They’re perfect as an appetizer during happy hour. Insert recipe link here.
- Leftover Saigon Turkey Tacos -- Everyone loves tacos! This fusion of Latin and Asian flavors makes a perfect post-holiday lunch or dinner. I like to set up a taco bar so everyone can top their tacos however they like them. Insert recipe link
- Fig & Jalapeno Leftover Sammy -- This sandwich is easy to make, but the flavors and textures combine to make something you’d gladly order at a gourmet restaurant. The addition of our Blistered Jalapeno & Fig Spread and brie cheese change these traditional Thanksgiving foods into something as equally delicious but decidedly different. Insert recipe link.
- Calabrian Leftover Flatbread -- Just like the tacos above, everyone loves pizza, right? And that’s basically what a flatbread is. Some pizza dough and a jar of our Calabrian Pepper & Sweet Tomato Fennel Spread make the perfect base for a leftover flatbread. This is a great way to use any leftover cheeses, meats, olives, etc. from your charcuterie board. And I love turkey on a flatbread too! Insert recipe link
- Blue Cheese Leftover Egg Rolls -- If you’re anything like me, this recipe had you at “Egg Rolls!” However, even though it looks like an egg roll on the outside, what’s inside will surprise you! Mashed potatoes, stuffing, and turkey or ham mixed with the subtle tanginess and slight sweetness of our Blue Cheese, Honey & Shallot Spread all wrapped up together in an egg roll wrapper -- I love it!
I used to think Thanksgiving dinner was somewhat anticlimactic when I lived at home as a youth. It felt like we worked and cooked, sometimes for days in advance, only to sit down together for 20-30 minutes! While I don’t feel that way at all now that I’m grown and have a family of my own, knowing that the leftovers of what we’re eating in that half hour that we’re at the table will yield delicious and easy meals for the next several days makes Thanksgiving even better. Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Bellisari’s!