I don’t know about you, but between the pandemic, and worries about the strange start of the school year we’re experiencing, planning a fabulous Labor Day party is not really at the top of my priority list. Nevertheless, the holiday is coming, and perhaps we need a celebration now more than ever! How about I make a party plan that’s easy for everyone to adopt and adjust to your unique situation? I’ll do the planning; you just have to pull it off! 😉
Themed parties are a really easy way to entertain because once you’ve decided on the theme, carrying it out through decorations, activities, and even the food makes party planning easy. This year, since we have to try to socially distance and wear masks, why not incorporate this into your Labor Day celebration by throwing a “Quarantine” party. You could even call it a “mask-erade ball!”
Since it’s the last official weekend of the summer, you’ll want to have this party mostly outdoors. Invite a small group of guests to join you for an afternoon of virus-free fun. This could be done by having a most creative mask contest. Hopefully guests will use a little creativity and come with their masks adorned in some way. You could also set up a station with plain masks and craft supplies for guests to create their own while at the party. Once you start thinking about it, your creativity will kick in and you’ll think of ways to use the theme on everything. Hand sanitizer, almost anything medical, or even rolls of TP can take this tongue-in-cheek theme throughout the party. Believe it or not, you can even buy quarantine-party themed supplies like banners, garlands, napkins, etc. There are lots of creative ideas online for making your own pandemic party decorations too.
Now for the important part -- what are we going to eat and drink? With Bellisari’s sauces and spreads, it has never been easier to serve gourmet flavors.
Of course the signature cocktail of the night should be a Quarantini! I googled quarantini recipes and there are a ton out there. Pick one you like or set up a whole quarantini bar. Serve in classic martini glasses with some fun garnishes to make it super festive.
For the menu, I’ve selected some delicious Bellisari’s recipes:
- To start, Cherries and Thyme on Almond Ricotta with Bellisari's Balsamic Spread. This crostini recipe is the perfect starter to any delicious meal.
- The main course, Lollipop Lamb Chops with Jalapeno & Fig. These lamb chops are marinated overnight to give you something easy and flavorful to throw on the grill.
- The sides, Black Bean and Sweet Potato Salad with Avocado and Barista Sauce. This twist on potato salad will keep your guests coming back for more. To make serving more coronavirus-friendly, put this colorful salad in individual cups or small bowls that could be placed on the side of one’s plate.
- Creamy and rich mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food. The addition of bacon and several different cheeses makes this a hardy side that’s hard to resist.
- The dessert, these adorable Mini Bundt Carrot Cakes with Jalapeno & Fig Glaze, are the perfect bite of sweetnes to punctuate this delicious meal. Our glaze and orange zest elevate this take on carrot cake to new heights.
So there you have it! A plan for your Labor Day celebration already made for you. If this plan doesn’t fit your style, now you have a template, at least, of what you might need. One thing is for sure, gathering friends and loved ones for a delicious meal and good, safe, fun is the perfect antidote to these challenging times. Happy Labor Day from all of us at Bellisari’s!