Nothing says Happy Father's Day quite like a homemade meal consisting of Dad’s favorite foods, and since summer officially signals the beginning of grilling season here in the good ole U.S. of A., especially for big holidays like Father’s Day and the 4th of July, there’s a pretty good chance that some of those favorites could be cooked on the grill.
My father was the grill master. He was famous for his BBQ events that would leave him up all night grilling whole pigs, fish, and ribs. He would feed hundreds of people both in Boca and in the Bahamas. He was a legend. He taught us that grilling should be a feast for the senses.
Grilling your food awakens almost every sense to a delicious meal. When you consider the science of cooking meat or veggies on the grill, you shouldn't only think about how the food tastes. Think about how your other senses contribute to taste or an overall better eating experience, and you'll see why grilled food tastes better.
Grilling isn't just a way to cook. It engages all your senses.
- Sight – grill marks and deep char make grilled food look delicious.
- Sound – the sizzling of meat on a hot grill entices.
- Smell – food smells delicious over an open flame and wood pellets can add to the olfactory pleasure.
- Touch – grilled food has a satisfying texture, from crispy chicken skin to the bark on your brisket.
- Taste – smoked and grilled foods have a unique and delicious flavor you can only achieve on a grill.
This Father’s Day, delight all of his senses by grilling your Father’s Day Meal and toasting to Big Art!
Big Art’s Chicken Dry Rub
- Barista Black Sesame Grilled Salmon (https://bellisaris.com/pages/barista-black-sesame-grilled-salmon)
- Bourbon and Brown Sugar Marinated Steak with a Blue Cheese Smear (https://bellisaris.com/pages/bourbon-and-brown-sugar-marinated-steak-with-a-blue-cheese-smear)
- Summer BBQ Corn Salad (https://bellisaris.com/pages/summer-bbq-corn-salad)
- Calabrian and Sweet Tomato Fennel Italian Pasta Salad (https://bellisaris.com/pages/calabrian-and-sweet-tomato-fennel-italian-pasta-salad)
- Grilled Barista Artichokes (https://bellisaris.com/blogs/thursday-recipes/grilled-barista-artichokes?_pos=13&_sid=13dfaa2ce&_ss=r)
- Balsamic Glazed Peaches (https://bellisaris.com/pages/balsamic-glazed-peaches#)
When it comes to grilling, your Father’s Day options are endless. Whether you choose to cook up ribs or chicken, salmon or shrimp, or colorful vegetable kebabs, almost anything tastes better after it’s spent some time on the grill.
Outdoor grilling is definitely one of my favorite ways to cook, so all of our Bellisari’s Gourmet Sauces and Spreads work well for everything from marinades to melty toppings for a perfectly grilled steak. If you are looking for an easy way to take your grilling game to the next level, type the keyword “grilling” into the search tool on our website and take advantage of the many pages of recipes and grilling tips we have there. Happy grilling and Happy Fathers Day from all of us at Bellisari’s!