You know how, as moms, we love to spend our free time crafting labor-intensive, time-consuming specialty sauces that require lots of chopping, simmering and stirring?
No? That’s not a thing for most moms? You’re right! It’s not actually a thing for us either.
Lucky for everyone, however, it IS a thing for our friends at Bellisari’s. This Ohio-based brand offers a yummy line of six specialty sauces and spreads with amazing flavors like Balsamic, Shallot & Black Garlic Spread and Blistered Jalapeno & Fig Spread. And while we don’t get excited about spending hours slaving over a hot stove, we do get excited about delicious sauces.
That’s why we mom-tested a few of Bellisari’s offerings.
Ours was a typical, kid-friendly, easy-for-mom Sunday dinner- burgers on the grill, red pepper strips and baked French fries. In our house, burgers and fries keep everyone happy, but they’re pretty basic, right? Not this Sunday! My husband and I cracked open the Barista Sauce, which Bellisari’s calls “A Burger, Steak & Finishing Sauce.” Not being a finishing sauce aficionado, I wasn’t really sure what to expect, but… Oh my! I slathered this stuff on my burger, topped it with some cheese, lettuce and garden-fresh tomatoes and dug in. Now, I like to think that I make a mean burger all by itself, but this sauce did indeed “finish” it well. Not overpowering, but very flavorful, I felt like I was having a steakhouse-type burger at home. This sauce is perfect for elevating your burgers to the next level, for company or just for you. In fact, a large dollop in the meat before you make your burger patties would be scrumptious!
Oh, and mamas? Lest you feel the gourmet label might be too much pressure on you to create something fancy, worry not. Bellisari’s is also all about convenience. In fact, on burger night, I was dying to try the Blue Cheese, Honey & Shallot Spread, but there was no way I was cooking anything else. So, I went ahead and dipped some of my baked fries right. into. the. jar. (Hey, I’m the mom and I can, right?) When it comes to fries, I’m typically a ketchup and mayo girl, but this stuff introduced me to a whole, new saucy world – and all with no effort from me. Perfection!
Bellisari’s + veggies = happy kids
Veggies. The bane of parents everywhere. One of my kids will eat almost anything, while the other, well – let’s just say it’s “challenging” to feed him. Thankfully, they’ll both happily eat red and yellow pepper strips, preferably with ranch dressing. Ho hum. That Sunday night, I decided to shake things up with a suggestion from Bellisari’s – Balsamic Veggie Dip. All I did was mix Bellisari’s Balsamic Shallot & Black Garlic Spread (Um, yum, by the way.) with sour cream and voila! – fancy veggie dip! My kiddos devoured their peppers and asked for this new concoction in their lunches. Mission accomplished!
Oh, and while I wasn’t feeling this motivated, if you’re looking for a cute Halloween appetizer, Bellisari’s has this adorable suggestion for pepper preparation.
After our first experiences with Bellisari’s sauces, these will become pantry staples. Having them on hand to whip up something fancy for a party or just to spice up home-cooked meals is a huge help. Even better, they can be purchased in plenty of local Cincinnati realtors or via their web site.
Best of all, Bellisari’s is offering a special discount for CMB readers – 25% off from Oct. 15 through Oct. 31, 2018. The code is "BOO". Don’t miss out!
Each jar comes with a recommended recipe and a suggested wine or beer pairing. Yes, please! We love a product that tells us what to make, what we should drink with it AND is gourmet at the same time! Bellisari’s is all about Gourmet Convenience and while the gourmet part is wonderful, we here at CMB have a particular fondness for the convenience.
Bellisari’s simple ideas for a scrumptious Halloween
To celebrate Halloween, Bellisari’s has put together some whimsical, delicious snack ideas that everyone – kids and grown-up of all ages – will love. You can fit these tasty recipes in between visits to local haunted houses, pumpkin carving, cider-drinking, or – let’s be real here – desperate last minute scrambling amid cries of “Mom! The piece to my ‘Random Fortnite Character’ costume fell off!”
We’ve included the snacks below in Recipe Card format, so you can print them out and whip them up in your spare time. Well, OK, we know you don’t really have much of that, but with the convenience of Bellisari’s, you can claim that your cooking is gourmet, without putting in the time.
Frankenstein BBQ Chicken Cheddar Wrap
- 4 extra-large green tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts or left-over rotisserie chicken
- Seasoned salt and Pepper
- 1/2 of 1 bag of salad or coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup of Bellisari’s Barista Sauce
- 1/4 cup chipotle ranch dressing store-bought or homemade, or plain (optional)
- Sliced Cheddar Cheese(for decorating the outside and layering on the inside) *see photo
- Black olive slices for decorating the outside
- 4 sets of Candied Eyes for decorating
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, use tongs to place chicken in the skillet. Allow to brown for about 3-5 minutes and then flip chicken to the other side. Cover and reduce heat to just below medium.
- Cook for another 5-8 minutes (depending on how thick the breasts are) or until cooked through. Remove chicken to a cutting board and allow to cool while prepping other ingredients.
- Toss the salad/slaw with the Bellisari’s Barista Sauce and chipotle or plain ranch. Top the tortillas with the dressed salad/slaw and whatever toppings you enjoy. I add Cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, red onion, and fresh cilantro.
- Chop the slightly cooled chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the tortilla. Squeeze some extra Barista sauce on chicken if desired. Roll them up, decorate and enjoy immediately.